“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God.” – (Philippians 4:6)
READ: Matthew 6:25-34 (KJV)
25. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26. Behold the fowls of the air; for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28. And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32. (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek;) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness or uneasiness exhibited by a person due to the pressure of an imminent event or circumstance with an uncertain outcome. It can also be described as being in a state of apprehension when something unpleasant is about to happen. The inability to meet the expectations of daily life as an individual, parent or employer of labour ranks high among situations that lead to anxiety. When you need to pay for essential things like food, accommodation, electricity, medical services, gas or school fees and the means is not there, anxiety can set in.
As an employer of labour, when you have few days to payday and the money to pay your staff is not forthcoming, anxiety will knock on the door of your heart. When you are facing tons of important issues that must be handled within a limited time frame, you are also susceptible to anxiety. When a loved one is about to undergo a delicate medical procedure, or when a hurricane, earthquake or any other natural disaster is imminent, the natural mind in bound to be anxious. A natural man will definitely be anxious in circumstances such as these. However, as a child of God, when faced with such situations, the Holy Spirit has told us what to do, saying in (1 Peter 5:7):
“Casting all your cares upon Him; for He careth for you.”
We must learn to cast our problems on Jesus, knowing that anxiety cannot solve anything.
Are you operating under the threat of evildoers right now? Are you faced with the worst financial crisis of your life? Is your marriage going through turbulent times? Is your family experiencing the worst attack of the devil ever? Is temptation having the better part of you at this moment? Have you suffered the loss of a loved one and the future looks so bleak? Have you gotten yourself involved in cultism or some other diabolical affair and don’t know how to come out?
Are you hooked on hard drugs or under any other form of addiction? Have you dabbled into gangsterism and other dangerous vices and can find no way out? Is failure or disappointment pushing you to the edge and suicide has crossed your mind a few times? Irrespective of the jam you find yourself in, accept this invitation and come to Jesus today. Cast your burdens on Him in prayer, and you will experience the power of His love like never before. I pray that the powerful hand of God will intervene in your situation today, and your deliverance will be hastened in Jesus’ Name.
Father, please calm every storm in my life and give me peace in Jesus’ Name.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional Lessons/guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical Churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens Devotional is one of the most wildly read devotionals in the world.
It is designed to load you daily with Gods word and keep you inspired, encouraged and uplifted.
it includes, Open heavens Devotionals, Teens Open heavens Devotionals
and many more….